GOD'S GIFT

GOD SENT ME – A GIFT
                                                                        By SHRUTI DHAND
  I was walking down the lane of life once with no one but my solitude. The only footsteps I could see in the sand of time were mine. I had lost my way, and there was not a soul I could cry out to! It seemed that I could never find a way out. I looked up to the heavens and cried out loud to find a solace, but my prayers never seemed to reach the right ears. All I could see around was inhospitable terrain and the hot scorching sun was filling me with pain. I was lost in a land I had never visited before! But I just kept walking because it seemed I have a destination to reach. My tears would hit the ground and just disappear in the thirsty land whose thirst never seemed to quench and I felt so exhausted as if I had been walking for ages. I don't know for how long I walked before the shadows filled my eyes and I felt the hardness of the ground on my face.
        
When I finally gathered the strength to open my eyes, I saw myself lying under a lone tree. I can swear it wasn't there before; maybe I didn't have the strength to notice its presence. The coolness of its shadow were healing the burns and soothing away the blisters under my feet. Later, as I continued my journey, my fatigue seemed to have miraculously been washed away. My tears still did flow from my eyes but they eased my pain, as if my eyes were a gateway for the pain within to escape. When they hit the ground it wasn't just absorbed, but a beautiful flower grew there. The barren land now had a different look; it was wearing a colourful veil. The destination seemed to be near.
          I knew I reached the place when I saw god standing there waiting for me. I couldn't help but complain to him that he didn't hear my prayers and left me alone, even though he promised that he would always be besides me! He looked at me, smiled and said," Child! If I give you tough times then I always give you means to fight it. But I leave it to you to recognize it!" Before I could ask him anything he left. I looked around me trying to find the means god had mentioned. As I looked behind me I saw another set of footprints just behind mine and a few seeds. They seem to be accompanying me from a place where the tree stood. I looked up to the heavens with a doubt in my mind.
                   I heard a voice from above saying, " Yes child! This is what I sent for you. I sent you the shadow of caring under the tree of reassurance. When you continued your journey, you didn't feel very tired because you had these pair of legs to share your fatigue and where ever your tear fell, a seed was sown there so that the road you were on didn't hurt your delicate feet "I turned back to see again; the tree, the footprints and seeds were gone. I saw you standing besides me. I realized that he had sent me an angel, he sent me a FRIEND.
******  END ******


CLICK - http://signals-parivaar.blogspot.in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.